Skip to main content

Topic Research

 Topic: Elephant Fables

What's the difference between Asian and African elephants? And 8 other  elephant facts | Stories | WWF
[Elephant Family. Image Information]

Story 1: The Elephant has a Bet with the Tiger

This story stood out to me because of the contradictions it makes with present day facts. The elephant and the tiger have a bet that consists of whoever wins-the winner gets to eat the loser. It makes sense that the tiger might want to eat the elephant, but everyone knows that elephants don't eat tigers. However, this story does not address that inconsistency and actually writes as if it were normal. If I were re-telling this story. I would make sure to include the same kind of 'confusing aspect' that might be interesting to readers. 

Story 2: Hare and the Elephants

This story is about a herd of elephants losing their water supply and needing to go to another one. They successfully find a new watering hole, however every time they come to get water they step on and kill some of the hares in the area. The leading hare then converses with the elephant king and the two species are able to avoid future problems. I like this story because it is relatively simple and there are many ways in which I can expand and bring creativity into it. 

Story 3: Why the Elephant has Small Eyes

This story includes a folklore about why the elephants eye's are so small. The elephant in this story was greedy when it came to food, and a tortoise took noticed. When the elephant and the tortoise were together, the elephant wanted some of the food the tortoise was eating, However, the tortoise made the elephant trade his eyes and eventually the only animal to lend the elephant their eyes were worms. This story was fun to read and has a lesson about greed in it. If I were retelling it, I would keep the lesson about greed but change other aspects so it is recreated in a new way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

All About Me Hey! My name is Katie and I am currently a senior at the University of Oklahoma. When people say time flies by in college, they aren't kidding! I feel like it was just yesterday that I moved into the dorms freshman year, and now within a couple of months I will be moving on to something new. I am currently studying biopsychology as a pre-medical student. I really enjoy sciences so I have enjoyed almost all of my classes I have takes throughout undergraduate so far. I spent the summer studying for the MCAT, and am currently in the process of applying to medical school! This semester I am excited for my classes, but anxious about how they will turn out with all of them online. However, it is important to be flexible, especially in a pandemic, so I am hoping to make the most of it! Besides academics, I love playing volleyball and doing other activities with my friends. My junior year I was the president of the OU Women's Club Volleyball team, and enjoyed traveling to ...

Comment Wall

  [Baby Elephants. Image Information. ] Storybook URL: Click here.   Thank you for your feedback!

Week 9 Story: Finding Freedom

Finding Freedom An orphan from birth, Kang always felt like an outcast in his African village. He had no last name, and therefore no title. No girls wanted to marry him and no men wanted to be associated with him. Although he remained polite and respectful to everyone he met, he could feel his resentment towards the village people grow the more they neglected him. As he grew older, he began to have thoughts of leaving his village. A new life surrounded by all new people became more appealing as the days passed by. However, they were the only village within miles of any other human civilization, and in order to go to a new village he would need to venture days through the wilderness. He finally worked up enough nerve and left in the morning.  Running away from the village- he never felt more free. It was as if he could run for hours without any pains or fears. Nightfall came and he found a large rock which to sleep by. He fell asleep peacefully but awoke to the sound of a lioness's ...