Skip to main content

Time Strategies

  Time Management Clock Relaxed - Free image on Pixabay

[Time Management Picture]


Article 1: The Important Habit of Just Starting

This article captured my attention because so often I feel as if the hardest part of an assignment is just getting started. I enjoyed reading this article because it dove into the psychology of beginning and completing an assignment and touched on the importance of setting time slots dedicated to a certain task. I use a planner to map out every week, and although it doesn't have time slot to-dos for every hour of the day, it gives me a general outline and helps me stay motivated and on tasks throughout the week.

Article 2: The Psychology of Checklists

I personally use a checklist in my planner, so I was drawn to click on this article. I have studied the effects of dopamine, but never specifically the direct correlation of checklists and dopamine release. Therefore I was excited to see relationship between the two and how a simple action can have an impact in our productivity and sense of accomplishment. I definitely plan to continue this method!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

All About Me Hey! My name is Katie and I am currently a senior at the University of Oklahoma. When people say time flies by in college, they aren't kidding! I feel like it was just yesterday that I moved into the dorms freshman year, and now within a couple of months I will be moving on to something new. I am currently studying biopsychology as a pre-medical student. I really enjoy sciences so I have enjoyed almost all of my classes I have takes throughout undergraduate so far. I spent the summer studying for the MCAT, and am currently in the process of applying to medical school! This semester I am excited for my classes, but anxious about how they will turn out with all of them online. However, it is important to be flexible, especially in a pandemic, so I am hoping to make the most of it! Besides academics, I love playing volleyball and doing other activities with my friends. My junior year I was the president of the OU Women's Club Volleyball team, and enjoyed traveling to ...

Comment Wall

  [Baby Elephants. Image Information. ] Storybook URL: Click here.   Thank you for your feedback!

Week 9 Story: Finding Freedom

Finding Freedom An orphan from birth, Kang always felt like an outcast in his African village. He had no last name, and therefore no title. No girls wanted to marry him and no men wanted to be associated with him. Although he remained polite and respectful to everyone he met, he could feel his resentment towards the village people grow the more they neglected him. As he grew older, he began to have thoughts of leaving his village. A new life surrounded by all new people became more appealing as the days passed by. However, they were the only village within miles of any other human civilization, and in order to go to a new village he would need to venture days through the wilderness. He finally worked up enough nerve and left in the morning.  Running away from the village- he never felt more free. It was as if he could run for hours without any pains or fears. Nightfall came and he found a large rock which to sleep by. He fell asleep peacefully but awoke to the sound of a lioness's ...